Saturday, January 29, 2005

step one: preheat oven 350° - 400°F

everytime i feel the urge to bake something, i get all excited, get everything ready and and all set to have my tasty treats in a comparitively short amount of time, and then bam, i forgot to preheat the oven. so my muffin batter or cookie dough or whatever it may be, has to wait another good twenty minutes until the oven gets up to a piping hot 350 - 400 degrees. but then again, although i have to wait longer, the results are still very yummy, and very worth the extra wait.

I wish the whole world, or at least the greater triad area was an oven and then I could set the temperature. But of course it would have to work in reverse, because I'd set it to about 15 degrees farenheit. That way, it would be so cold we wouldn't have to worry about this freezing rain nonsense, or even sleeting nonsense. We could have a beautiful pristine blanket of snow carpeting the landscape, and I could drive to Jamestown and see my love. He came home this weekend, and we had high hopes of a wonderful saturday together, but alas, after about an hour of driving around in the snow and taking pictures at some pretty, snow-blanketed churches in High Point, the dreaded call came. "Lauren, the roads are getting bad, you need to come home now. click." So Davey and I turned around and headed for Greensboro, then he drove my car back to his house after being summoned home. But now of course, he gets to drive around after dark... ah well, I just wish he would come and see me. But its alright : ) He is busy having fun in J'town and I'm going to get busy building a fire, watching movies with my parents and then cooking my biscuits, as soon as the oven preheats of course. : )

3 Comments:

Blogger David said...

I'm sorry babe, I wish I could've spent more time with you too, but we did on Sunday. I miss you.

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

2:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home